Wednesday, September 7, 2011


I've been very neglectful of my blog...pretty much from the start. I had good intentions about blogging everything I created. It didn't quite work out like that. I'm going to try and do better, not that I have a huge following, but it is a good place to document my creations.

Anyway I decided my butterfly quilt really needed to be finished. I've had that project hanging wayyy to long. I laid them out and found I need to make 6 more blocks, so I did that and then began to square them all up. Yeah - something went dreadfully wrong. I'm not quite sure how I managed it, but about one third of my blocks are a half inch off. I tossed them in my basket feeling a puzzled about how I managed that horrible trick and frustrated that I'd done that. As near as I can figure I must have cut the them wrong. I didn't cut everything out first, so I'm thinking I cut those 1/3rd separately and measured wrong. Funny thing is that I when I cut out the last 6 blocks I couldn't remember and had to check the tutorial for cutting dimensions - those 6 were perfect. So now instead of putting my blocks together I'm trimming 2/3rds of them down to 6 inches.


Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I love your butterfly quilt. It is one of my favorites I've made.

Juliejaz said...

Thank you!