My newest fascination started while I was making the rounds of some of my favorite quilt blogs. It was Lori over at Bee In My Bonnet that got me started. Then I found myself following a link from Lori's blog to Amy's blog, Mrs. Schmenkman Quilts and from there I began to think I couldn't live (small exaggeration) without making some of my own butterflies.
I started with pulling out anything and everything I could find that might make some pretty butterflies.
I started last night and after lots of cutting and a couple of mistakes I ended up with 17 butterflies completed and another 58 that are cut out. This morning I counted and found I need a few more fabrics...like only 150 more. Eeek! I'm wondering were I'm going to come up with that many different fabrics. I think I may be using a few of the fabric pieces I vetoed with my first run through my-not-quite-big-enough stash. I think I need about 220 blocks for the size I'm after.
And I'm still sorry that the pictures aren't very good. The lighting is bad and so is the cell phone camera. Tomorrow I am going to have to break down and buy some batteries for the good camera.